If you are seeking to join a house cleaning franchise and your state is not listed, please contact us anyway; we will let you know when we are scheduled to roll out our franchise in your state. You’ve Got MAIDS, America’s Finest Maid Service™!


If you want to talk about what opportunities You've Got MAIDS may offer to you, please call 843-388-7888.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How long is a maid service franchise contract good for?


How long is a maid service franchise contract good for? It is up to the franchise partner at You’ve Got MAIDS. Our initial franchise contract continues for a period of ten (10) years, unless earlier terminated be either party as provided in the franchise agreement.

The Franchise Partner might decide to sell. In that case the new Franchise Partner would need to sign a new franchise agreement and attend You’ve Got MAIDS University at the Charleston Campus. During this week long emersion our new Franchise Partner will learn the fundamentals of running a successful cleaning company.

At the end of the ten year franchise contract, the franchise partner may elect to execute a renewal franchise agreement with the then current form for new franchisees. The Franchise Partner does not need to pay the Franchise Fee again, but may be required to pay a nominal renewal fee to cover the cost of creating and executing a new franchise agreement.

I once walked away, then drove away from a franchisor who wanted me (and all their future franchise partners) to sign a 20 year franchise contract that could be renewed by mutual consent. That’s a tricky way of saying that after 20 years of devoting your life to building your business you might need to sell your business back to the franchisor at a rate that "could" be less than market value “if” the franchisor desired this. I saw this for what it was; a fundamental abuse of power by a franchisor.

At the time I felt like I had been kicked in the gut. This franchisor had allowed me to complete 3 months of training at my own expense before showing me the UFOC. Did I act naively? You bet, but I also learned more in 3 months than I would have in any MBA class. Because of my feedback this franchisor did the right thing and changed that extraordinarily significant clause to state that the any franchisee in good standing would be permitted to renew their franchise contract at the end of their term. Future Donatos Franchisee’s have me to thank for that.

I appreciated Donatos Pizza offering a new, revised Franchise Agreement for me to sign, but the original intentions behind the clause haunted me. It tainted my view of their organization. It made me revisit the facts of how they failed in Atlanta, Philly, and were in the process of failing in Orlando. My experience in the pizza world is that all pizza chains have a hard time in Philly, but they do G R E A T in the South. Not Donatos. Hopefully that will turn around for them.

If you searching for purchase a maid service franchise in Orlando, Florida or to buy a home cleaning business franchise in South Carolina, click here to submit a franchise application. Or if you want to talk/email someone, contact our Franchise Approval Department. We are happy to answer any questions you might have. You’ve Got Maids stands for professionalism, integrity and clean, healthy homes.


Click here to visit You've Got MAIDS website.

Click here for more information on franchising with You’ve Got MAIDS.

888-MAID-WOW

[Photo: Contract by gunnar wrobel on Flickr, used with permission under Creative Commons Copyright.]

No comments: